Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Megaloath post for the megaabhorred. (Hate is cliched)

Grand Finale of Masterchef India(or whatever) and who is the guest judge? Katrina Kaif who does what she's best at- looking good. And what do we see? People dancing to the painfully pathetic songs (which is a big hit by the way) that make my ears bleed. The contestants also swoon over her repeatedly and apparently it is a dream coming true for them. A music competition and we always have actors (sorry?) to judge. An athletic championship, dance show, just name it the actors always grab the limelight and actors with no acting skills whatsoever. Just let the wannabe actors do their job? I mean "look good" and say " I have lots of offers coming to me but I just want to focus on this one movie right now?"
What movie?
"Road mein ghayal." Or "Chastity- kahani ek auraat ki". Hold on, "Oolta love story".
And what's the peppy song?
"Ghashiram ka mucch"( if Sheila has jawani, Ghashi can have his own song, can't he?)
No, it's a tie actually between "Sanjana ke baal" (yea it sounded different in my head) and "Ghashiram ke mucch". Almost anything goes huh? So long the famished and highly imbecilic Indian population can afford a ticket to Sangam theatre. (Note: For cheap movies try Sangam instead of PVR, rickshaw wala population but it's better than shredding your money in a fit, correct?)
And then one fine day I'll come back, very beat, will want to drop dead in my bed but what do I see? My roommate swinging her legs and humming "Sheila ki jawani" NO, DON'T SING THAT SONG NOT EVEN FOR FUN! I don't care if your beanpole of a scraggy face shrivels up even more.

My point is, why are the actors and cricketers so important in India? Nobody cares about anybody else. And the actors in question are those that prance about naked and act like dummies and engage into several altercations with other actors or join a political party when they have nothing else to do. The good actors are hardly a part of the showbiz and why? Because they don't dance to item numbers or have the pretty face. How many of us think Rahul Bose or Rajat Kapoor are good? *raises her hand* and SRK? 50 million hands, like I did not see that one coming so I'll feign a surprised look and hold the "du'h" sign. All he does is bleat like a goat (yea his hackneyed style with special effects, tell me about it)in most movies minus two. Why would we have Amitabh Bacchan to host a brain game? I am not saying that he's a doofus( I don't know if he is) but why not Neil O'Brian or Arindam Bose? For the cook shows why not Aditya Baal? For the music show why can't only the musicians judge the freaking show? It's not as if the famous actors we are talking about act the Richard-Gere-style or Jim-Carrey-style(for comedians). It's not like the funny movies give you the hangover, Hangover style.
Good hair? Check.
Good face? Check.
Can dance? Check.
Can't act? Check.
Controversies? Check.
And we have the ingredients of a famous Bollywood actor.

Now even the beauty pageants are filling up the fissures. I mean beauty pageants are beauty pageants so just sit there, wear your crown, wave your hand and look pretty. Don't start acting please? And models? Just keep walking the damned fashion ramp and when the going gets tough, keep going. I have this one nerve left, don't bludgeon it to death.

And now five hoots for Masterchef Australia. Go go go Adam!

11 comments:

Blueangel said...

I know you want it
But you never gonna get it
Tere haath kabhi na aani
Maane na maane koi duniya
Yeh saari, mere ishq ki hai deewani

Hey hey,
I know you want it but you never gonna get it
Tere haath kabhi na aani
Maane na maane koi duniya yeh saari
Mere ishq ki hai deewani
Ab dil karta hai haule haule se
Main toh khud ko gale lagaun
Kisi aur ki mujhko zaroorat kya
Main toh khud se pyaar jataun

what's my name
what's my name
what's my name
My name is Sheela
Sheela ki jawani
I'm just sexy for you
Main tere haath na aani
Na na na sheela
Sheela ki jawani
I'm just sexy for you
Main tere haath na aani

Take it on
Take it on
Take it on
Take it on

Silly silly silly silly boys
O o o you're so silly
Mujhe bolo bolo karte hain
O o o
Haan jab unki taraf dekhun, baatein haule haule karte hain
Hai magar, beasar mujh par har paintra

Haye re aise tarse humko
Ho gaye sober se re
Sookhey dil pe megapan ke teri nazariya barse re
I know you want it but you never gonna get it
Tere haath kabhi na aani
Sheela
Sheela ki jawani
I'm just sexy for you
Main tere haath na aani
Na na na sheela
Sheela ki jawani
I'm just sexy for you
Main tere haath na aani

Paisa gaadi mehnga ghar
?ani na mainu ki gimme your that
Jaibein khaali bhadti chal
No no I don't lie like that

Chal yahan se nikal tujhe sab laa dunga
Kadmon mein tere laake jag rakh dunga
Khwaab main kar dunga poore
Na rahenge adhoore
You know I'm going to love you like that, whatever

Haye re aise tarse humko
Ho gaye sober se re
Sookhey dil pe begapan ke teri nazariya barse re
I know you want it but you never gonna get it
You never gonna get my body
I know you want it but you never gonna get it
Tere haath kabhi na aani
Maane na maane koi duniya yeh saari
Tere ishq ki main deewani

Ab dil karta hai haule haule se
Main toh khud ko gale lagaun
Kisi aur ki mujhko zaroorat kya
Main toh khud se pyaar jataun

What's my name
What's my name
What's my name

My name is Sheela
Sheela ki jawani
I'm just sexy for you
Main tere haath na aani
O no no sheela
Sheela ki jawani
I'm just sexy for you
Main tere haath na aani
Sheela
Sheela ki jawani
I'm just sexy for you
Main tere haath na aani

Ain't nobody got body like sheela
Everybody want body like sheela
Drive me crazy coz my name is sheela
Ain't nobody got body like sheela
Everybody want body like sheela
Drive me crazy coz my name is sheela
Ain't nobody got body like sheela

Shorbori said...

Just what I wanted to hear. :|

Blueangel said...

i aim to please

Unknown said...

Damn funny man! And so freaking true. Bollywood and SRK are beyond overrated here. And talent, more often than not, goes unnoticed.

tubelight said...

In honor of this impressive post, I hereby set in motion a new reality show called,

Acting with the Stars! Where every random person who has no acting talent whatsoever(me included) can go on the stage and make a complete fool of themselves!

And the judges will be....*drumroll*

Policemen!

Shorbori said...

A-quill you have encouraged me to produce my own show called "Humanity" where the contestants will engage themselves in social work and be judged by (quite obviously) Politicians and a Terrorist guest judge every weekend!
Enjoy freaks!

Shorbori said...

Devi, if men start finding me funny I guess I'll see a light at the end of my tunnel.

Ayanukas said...

I was in the girl's common room doing my business yesterday, and I hear these two girls giggle and say "chal dance kartein hain". Then the two Sheelas unfolded their jawani in front of the mirror in what they thought was an empty loo. I tell you, it is everywhere. EVERYWHERE *gives dubious look*

Shorbori said...

What? With all the unflushed objects around? :O

Sammok said...

Ghashiram ke mooch does sound better. I don't want to picturize the music video in my head though.

And oh, my heart aches for Claire! :(

Shorbori said...

I like all three. :(
I'm traumatized.