Thursday, January 24, 2008

Umm...DON'T LAUGH AT IT!

Reader's Note:I donot know how to rhyme.Seriously.But when i see others rhyme,kids rhyme better than me,then my soul gets grabbed by some poetic afflatus though most of the time I'm basically a dry prosaic person.Winds,thunders,romance,rain,flowers......I'm unmoved by them all.Anyway,when i rhyme,i like to keep it as a secret BUT one character blackmailed me into putting this here.I know that you rhyme better than me BUT PLEASE don't laugh at my rhyme.
Silent laughters is permitted.

For Meat's Sake

I walked past the crumbly home,
Past the blue dome,
Past little boys flying kites,
Past bluejays on their flights.
On my way came the butcher's shop,
The butcher had his eyes on his goats,incase rogues rob.
Nobody could rob them,except of their lives,
Which the butcher did often,with his sharp curved knives.
Then,came a man and said,"I want fresh meat."
The butcher replied calmly,"Sir,please take a seat."
He picked up a kid as per the customer's choice,
Sharpened his already sharp knife,making screeching noise.
With malice in his eyes,he jostled with the ranting kid.
I shut my eyes and walked on,A little later,I heard the kid mourn.
For a last time did the kid bleat,
This time I felt the Earth tremble beneath my feet.
Then,silence creeped in,like a slithering snake,
All of this,just for meat's sake?


-J[15.1.08]


there you go.

4 comments:

Blueangel said...

Umm..kinda poetic..makes little sense,and offensive to meat eaters :|

Neeru said...

I love it, honey! :) LOVELY! jus wat a soft-hearted kid would think. >:D< keep writin. u ll improve! give urself some time!

Blueangel said...

I love your Blog jubli!Dont be one of those lame-sentimental ppl who Fill their blogs up with whiney poetry

Shorbori said...

wow!wow!what made u change ur mind?
no.ovcourse not.i won't fill up my blog with rhymes.mainly 'cuz i can't rhyme.
i don't mean to soud emotional.but i put up the picture,i saw.:|